Dear members and friends of New Hope Presbyterian Church:
Our church staff and volunteers are responding to the COVID-19 / new coronavirus. The situation is rapidly changing, so we are monitoring updates from the NC Department of Health and Human Services.
Committees and staff will be implementing a number of procedures in our effort to keep our church community safe. Here are some details:
Worship and all activities on March 15 are still on schedule.
During worship and church activities:
- Please do not hug others or shake hands. Please remember to avoid handshakes and hugs after worship too.
- Please sit farther apart in the sanctuary. Respiratory viruses of all types (including flu) can spread through the air when you cough or sneeze.
- The offering plates will be placed in the narthex, so we can avoid passing them down the aisles.
- We have hand sanitizer in the narthex, and soap and water in each restroom for hand washing.
The worship committee has devised special procedures for our next occasion when we celebrate communion. These procedures include: servers handing each person a piece of bread, and servers handing each person a small individual cup from a tray.
In addition to our Monday-Friday cleaning schedule, volunteers are coordinating an effort to provide additional cleaning on Sundays.
Recordings of services held in our sanctuary are always available. Please contact the church office to get a recording.
In the event of a cancellation of worship, we will:
- notify everyone via email and our automated phone service (like we do for funerals or weather emergencies.)
- implement a prayer service you can receive online. Communications Committee already has the tools to make this happen.
We have online giving on our church website.
If hospitals and nursing homes prohibit visitors, I will check in by phone or with family of our church members who are patients in a facility.
As always, each of us can do our own part. We can wash our hands frequently, and stay home when we are sick. I know that many of you have already been taking extra precautions due to the flu, so keep up the good work.
As Jesus reminds us, blessed are the merciful, the peacemakers, and the poor in spirit. (Matthew 5) Let us be kind, merciful, and peaceful as we navigate our way through this crisis. Let us keep in prayer all those who are poor in spirit due to this extra stress. As the choir sang for us recently, “God will see us through.”
Thank you, and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Always with joy,